The Blair County Conservation District has a vacancy for a Resource Conservation Technician to complete duties associated with the Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control Program, Manure Management Program and the Dirt, Gravel and Low Volume Road Program. Primary duties include: Preparation of Agricultural Erosion & Sediment Control plans using PA OneStop, Assist landowners with the completion of Manure Management plans, Facilitation of Dirt, Gravel & Low Volume Road Program for multiple municipalities, and Educational Endeavors. May include the review and approval of Nutrient Management plans and Best Management Practices verification and reporting.
- B.S. degree in Agricultural Science, Geoscience or Natural Resource related field, or combination of related experience and training
- 1-2 years working experience (public or private) in the field of soil conservation, ag planning or municipal public works
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of agricultural operations and erosion control BMP’s
- Knowledge of GIS applications for planning and reporting
- Valid driver’s license
- Hold or attain Nutrient Management Certification and DGLVR (Dirt, Gravel, & Low Volume Road) ESM Certification.
- This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week, with benefits. Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evening hours.
If interested please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements on or before April 21, 2023, to Donna Fisher, Manager; Blair County Conservation District, 1407 Blair Street, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Employment Opportunity.